Hourly rate: Dependent on experience
Training will be provided
Hours per week: 22.5 hours per week plus overtime to cover annual leave
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 1.00pm
Contract Type: Temporary for 12 months
We are looking for someone with excellent administration skills, who enjoys working in a busy environment, and has experience dealing with medical documents or a strong interest in medical terminology. Come and join our friendly professional team where you will help to support patients, in providing GP services to our patients.
Submit your CV by Wednesday 3rd June 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: WORK FLOW ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator and Trainer
HOURS: 22.5 hours per week
(Temporary to cover Maternity leave for 12 months)
PAY: Dependant on experience
OVERTIME: There is a requirement to do overtime to cover for annual leave and sick leave within the Admin departments.
- The purpose of the role is to undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice. The main task of the role will be to work on the medical workflow system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Scanning and inputting of clinical letters and documents to the workflow system
- Coding clinical letters and documents.
- Audio Typing referrals and letters
- Processing referral letters through the WCCG system.
- Providing clerical assistance, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying.
- Process Insurance and other external company’s requests for patient information/reports.
- Ensure all private work is invoiced and recorded on the practice spreadsheet.
- Dealing with patient queries relating to Administration and medical records.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of your line Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- This role requires a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Competent IT skills to level of ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence), or equivalent, with a knowledge of spreadsheets, WORD and database system
- Typing skills – over 30 words per minute.
- Can demonstrate good organisational skills
- Can demonstrate good time management skills
- Customer service NVQ 2 or equivalent experience
- English and numeracy skills: GCSE level A-C.
- Audio Typing skills.
- Experience in coding and dealing with medical documents
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Must have good communications, interpersonal skills and polite telephone manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised after appropriate training
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organisational skills
- Empathy to patients needs
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work under pressure.