Patient Information

  • Accessing Results for Tests Requested by Hospital Consultants

    The British Medical association (BMA) has the following advice for patients seeking results for tests that were requested by a hospital consultant:

    “In some areas, hospital doctors have been instructing GPs to find out the test results which the hospital had ordered.

    Both the BMA general practitioners committee and consultants committee agree this practice is potentially unsafe. The responsibility for ensuring that results are acted upon rests with the person requesting the test.

    That responsibility can only be given to someone else if they accept by prior agreement.

    Handover of responsibility has to be a joint consensual decision between hospital team and GP. If the GP hasn’t accepted that role, the person requesting the test must retain responsibility.”



  • Update your contact details

    Change of address/telephone number: Please email the surgery and include your full name, D.O.B, previous address, new address and contact numbers. Email address is

    Change of name: If you have recently changed your name please email the surgery and include your full name, your new name and D.O.B. Please also provide proof of ID. Email address is

  • Sick Notes

    Please ask your employer for a self-certification form. If your employer doesn’t have this form, please use an SC2 form from HM Revenue & Customs: Employee’s Statement of Sickness.

  • Fit to Work Notes

    Tywyn Health Centre do not provide fit for work notes. If you need confirmation that you are fit to return to work then please visit  Fit for Work offers free, expert and impartial advice to anyone looking for help with issues around health and work. Employers can also refer their employees to this service.

  • Request for Sick note following an inpatient hospital stay

    If you have recently been discharged from hospital following an operation please contact the consultant you were under to request a sick note. Your doctor is unable to provide a certificate under these circumstances and your care is being provided by secondary care.

  • Self-refer to Physiotherapy

    If you are suffering from musculoskeletal pain please self-refer to physiotherapy:

    English Form
    Welsh Form
  • Private Referrals

    If you wish to be seen by a private consultant in secondary care please contact the Administration department via the contact form on our website.

  • Access to medical records
    Click here for access to medical records form

    Individuals Rights Request Form

    As a patient you are entitled to access your medical records. Please complete the above form is you wish to:
    Access your personal data.
    • Request the practice restrict the processing of your data

    Your right to restrict data processing only applies in the following limited circumstances
    There is a query about the accuracy of personal data we hold and only for a period to enable us to verify its accuracy

    •  The processing is lawful but instead of deletion you wish to restrict its use
    •  The information held about you is no longer needed for its original purpose
    •  You have objected to us processing the personal data, in which case processing can be restricted whilst we verify the processing required and our basis for doing so overrides your objection.
    • Request to practice to rectify data held
    • Request the practice to erase data held about you

    Your right to have data erased only applies in the following limited circumstances:
    I. Your personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was originally collected
    II. The basis for processing your data is consent and you have withdrawn consent
    III. The basis for processing your data is for our legitimate purposes, but our reason does not override your interests
    IV. Personal data is being processes for Direct Marketing purposes and you object to that processing.
    V. We have processed your personal data unlawfully
    VI. There is a legal obligation to erase data for example a court order
    VII. Data is being processes to offer certain digital services to a child
    In most cases, the practice does not process your data or relay on any of the limited circumstances that would allow data to be erased. The Practice is required to ensure it keeps your records in line with the Public Records Act 1958, for public health purposes, including to ensure that you are provided with the correct healthcare treatment.
    • Object to the processing of your personal data.

    Your right to object to processing only applies to the following types of personal data:

    You do not have to use this form; however, it will help us deal with your request more efficiently if you do.

    You can also use this form, if you are making a request on behalf of someone else, however in such instances we will ask you to provide evidence of your entitlement to act and receive information (please ensure you complete section 3) or will seek authority from the individual for whom you have made the request.

    You will not be charged for a copy of your records. However, the Practice can charge a “reasonable fee” when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. We will therefore change a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information.

    If you have any queries relating to your request, please contact Tywyn Health Centre, Tywyn, LL36 9HL.

  • Medicals & Private Work

    All private work is completed outside of usual clinic hours, therefore there is a charge for anything deemed as private work as it not covered by the NHS. NHS work is our priority so private work is completed as and when our clinicians are available.

    At present we are not accepting any non-urgent private work (see below) so if you require a private medical please contact another practice.

By using this website you agree to accept our Privacy Policy

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).

Get a test to check if you have coronavirus

For further information go to or