• Catchment area

    Our catchment area is the Tywyn area, extending to Llwyngwril to the North, Abergynolwyn to the East and Aberdovey to the South. If you have a postcode starting with SY we are unable to register you.

  • Registering your baby

    You need to register your new baby at the Practice as soon as possible. Parents or guardians can register a baby at the Practice by completing or presenting to Reception the form below. Please ensure you include their full name, Date of Brith and NHS number. This is for new born babies only. For older babies and children, you should complete the registration form.

    Click here for our older babies and children registration form

    Mother and Baby Checks: Once your baby is registered, the Practice will send you an appointment for a mother and baby post-natal check at around 6 weeks. This is a 20 minute appointment; 10 minutes for the baby’s check and 10 minutes for the mother’s post-natal check. Further details about what happens at this appointment is available from NHS choices.

    Please remember to bring the red book to your appointment. If you cannot attend this appointment you must notify reception as soon as possible.

    Health Visitor Contact details: Nia Ellis-Brown, Telephone number: 01654 710411 and ask for a Health Visitor.

  • Temporary Residents

    We provide emergency/ urgent medical care only for Temporary residents.

    If your practice has an online triage service it will be quicker for you to contact your own practice via that service for any long term conditions.

    Forgotten your medication?

    If you forget to bring your medication away with you, or if you run out of medication whilst you are away please visit either Rowlands Pharmacy or Abbey Health Care:

    Rowlands Pharmacy
    High Street
    LL36 9AE
    Tel: 01654 710246

    Abbey Health Care
    Medical Hall
    18 Glandovey Terrace
    LL35 0EB
    Tel: 01654 767227

    If you have had an accident

    If you have an accident whilst away please visit Bronglais Hospital A&E Department or Ysybyty Allt Wen A&E Department:

    Ysybyty Allt Wen
    LL49 9AQ
    Tel: 03000850027

    Ysbyty Bronglais
    Caradoc Road
    SY23 1ER
    Tel: 01970623131

    Tywyn Memorial Hospital Minor Injuries Unit is currently closed.

    If you fall ill whilst on holiday

    Please visit the local chemist to seek advice from the pharmacist. You may be able to purchase medication for your complaint. If you are residing in Wales and are suffering from one of the symptoms below please visit the local chemist who will be able to see you through the common ailments scheme. The following ailments are covered under this scheme:

    • Acne
    • Athelete’s foot
    • Back pain
    • Bacterial conjunctivitis
    • Chicken pox
    • Cold sores
    • Colic
    • Constipation
    • Diarrhoea
    • Dry eyes
    • Dry skin
    • Haemorrhoids
    • Hay fever
    • Head lice
    • Indigestion
    • In-growing toenail
    • Impertigo
    • Mouth ulcers
    • Nappy rash
    • Oral thrush
    • Ringworm
    • Scabies
    • Sore throat
    • Teething
    • Threadworms
    • Vaginal thrush
    • Warts / verruca

    Need to See a Doctor or Nurse for an urgent medical issue?

    First contact your own surgery, as they maybe able to help you quicker that we can. If you feel that neither of the options above are suitable for you and you need to access the Health Centre’s services for urgent/emergency care you will need to register as a temporary resident.  Please ring the surgery and provide the following information from your permanent GP surgery. You will also need complete a registration form

    1. Your GP’s name.
    2. Your surgery’s full address.
    3. Your NHS number.
    4. A patient summary from your permanent GP, which can be faxed to us from your permanent Surgery.

    PLEASE NOTE: This service is for emergency / urgent medical care and should not be used for routine medical care. We are unable to refer you to another specialist.

  • Temporary Residents registered for medical attention

    Once you are registered as a temporary resident you will be asked to arrange an appointment to discuss your medical complaint with our triage nurse. If the triage nurse feels you need to be seen, they will arrange an appointment for you to see the most appropriate clinician.

  • Medication for Temporary Residents

    If you are provided with a prescription from your consultation then you can take this form to our in-house dispensary to be dispensed. You will be asked to sit and wait whilst your prescription is being made up.

By using this website you agree to accept our Privacy Policy

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).

Get a test to check if you have coronavirus

For further information go to or