Visitors to the Area

  • Catchment area

    Our catchment area is the Tywyn area, extending to Llwyngwril to the North, Abergynolwyn to the East and Aberdovey to the South. If you have a postcode starting with SY we are unable to register you as you are in a different health board area.

  • Temporary Residents

    We provide emergency/ urgent medical care only for Temporary residents.

    If your practice has an online triage service it will be quicker for you to contact your own practice via that service for any long term conditions.

  • Forgotten your medication?

    If you forget to bring your medication away with you, or if you run out of medication whilst you are away please visit either Rowlands Pharmacy or Abbey Health Care:

    Rowlands Pharmacy
    High Street
    LL36 9AE
    Tel: 01654 710246

    Abbey Health Care
    Medical Hall
    18 Glandovey Terrace
    LL35 0EB
    Tel: 01654 767227

  • If you have had an accident

    If you have an accident whilst away please visit Bronglais Hospital A&E Department or Ysybyty Allt Wen A&E Department:

    Ysybyty Allt Wen
    LL49 9AQ
    Tel: 03000850027

    Ysbyty Bronglais
    Caradoc Road
    SY23 1ER
    Tel: 01970623131

    Tywyn Memorial Hospital Minor Injuries Unit is currently closed.

  • If you fall ill whilst on holiday

    If you are suffering from one of the symptoms below please visit our local chemist who will be able to see you through the common ailments scheme.

    The service covers the following ailments:

    • Acne
    • Athelete’s foot
    • Back pain
    • Bacterial conjunctivitis
    • Chicken pox
    • Cold sores
    • Colic
    • Constipation
    • Diarrhoea
    • Dry eyes
    • Dry skin
    • Haemorrhoids
    • Hay fever
    • Head lice
    • Indigestion
    • In-growing toenail
    • Impertigo
    • Mouth ulcers
    • Nappy rash
    • Oral thrush
    • Ringworm
    • Scabies
    • Sore throat
    • Teething
    • Threadworms
    • Vaginal thrush
    • Warts / verruca
  • Need to See a Doctor or Nurse for an urgent medical issue?

    If you feel that neither of the options above are suitable for you and you need to access the Health Centre’s services please complete a temporary resident form and provide the following information from your permanent GP surgery.

    1. Your GP’s name.
    2. Your surgery’s full address.
    3. Your NHS number.
    4. A patient summary from your permanent GP, which can be faxed to us from your permanent Surgery.
    Click here to complete a temporary resident form.

    This is a word document so you can complete it online, save it and email it back to the practice email account:

    PLEASE NOTE: This service is for emergency / urgent medical care and should not be used for routine medical care. We are unable to refer you to another specialist.

  • Seeing a Nurse or Doctor

    Once you have submitted your form you will be asked to arrange an appointment to discuss your medical complaint with our triage nurse. If the triage nurse feels you need to be seen, they will arrange an appointment for you to see the most appropriate clinician.

  • Medication

    If you are provided with a prescription from your consultation then you can take this form to our in-house dispensary to be dispensed. You will be asked to sit and wait whilst your prescription is being made up.

By using this website you agree to accept our Privacy Policy

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).

Get a test to check if you have coronavirus

For further information go to or